Chlorophyll is the green pigment that allows plants to photosynthesize. This process uses sunlight to convert carbon dioxide and water into the building blocks of plants. Because nitrogen is a part of chlorophyll, by measuring chlorophyll, one can indirectly measure the amount of nitrogen in the plant. This allows for more efficient scheduling of fertilizer applications.
The FieldScout CM 1000 Chlorophyll Meter’s “Point-and-shoot” technology instantly measures relative chlorophyll content of your plants.
- Detects stress earlier than visual monitoring
- Technology based on an exclusive patent license from NASA
- Laser guides outline the edges of the measured sample area
- Calculates and displays a running average for multiple readings
- Connects to any GPS receiver that has a serial output option*
- Equipped with internal data logger and RS-232 port
- Records 3,250 measurements (1,350 with added GPS/DGPS option)
- Configure and download meter with FieldScout® software (not included)**
- Compatible with SpecConnect
Includes hard carrying case and batteries
* GPS interface requires two cables. The GPS/DGPS cable (item 2950CV5) is available from Spectrum.
A PC serial interface cable supplied by the manufacturer of the GPS receiver is also required.
** PC cable connects to a computer USB port.